At Rooftop Films, we believe that film is powerful, not only as a creative medium, but as a vehicle for engaging in valuable dialogue with one another about the issues facing our communities. By bringing films directly to audiences, we foster connections between neighbors, artists, activists, youth and the unique spaces we all share.
A growing nonprofit organization, our mission at Rooftop Films is to engage and inspire diverse communities by showcasing the work of emerging filmmakers in outdoor locations, helping filmmakers to produce new films, and renting equipment & supporting film screenings citywide at low-cost to artists, nonprofits and community groups.
Rooftop Films is more than a film festival. We are a community. For over 24 years, Rooftop Films has been championing the work of independent filmmakers and bringing films rooted in compassion, solidarity, learning, togetherness, exploration, and inspiration to tens of thousands of people across all five boroughs of New York City.
We would love to have you join our team!
Now Accepting Applications for the Following Positions:
Rooftop Films seeks a skilled, non-profit membership and development professional with an appreciation for film to join our team on an ongoing part-time / consultant basis. The Development Associate plays a key role in Rooftop Films’ fundraising and membership efforts. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the daily activities of Rooftop Film’s fundraising efforts, including foundation, individual donor, and government fundraising tasks
· Work with the Executive Director to manage the current portfolio of foundation grants, serving as the lead grant report and renewal request writer, and maintain relationships with foundation staff
· Research and cultivate new relationships with foundation funding prospects, serving as the lead writer for concept notes, inquiries, and new applications
· Track city, state and federal government grant and contract opportunities, identify potential matches, and serve as the lead proposal writer
· Create and execute successful fundraising campaigns
· Assist in the planning of Rooftop’s annual gala
· Collaborate with Executive Director, President and other key staff on developing opportunities and membership programming for donor cultivation
· Solicit and acknowledge donations and maintain donor records
· Assist with implementation of donor record platform
· Develop effective and efficient procedures to maximize organizational resources
· Work in close coordination with all staff members
· Perform other administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Qualities
· BA in arts administration or related field, and four or more years of non-profit development experience
· Grant writing and/or nonprofit marketing experience preferred
· A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work toward solutions that benefit the organization
· Impeccable attention to detail and excellent organizational, planning, prioritizing, and time management skills
· Strong computer skills essential
Compensation is approximately $20,000 – $25,000 annually, commensurate with experience and based on a 2 to 2.5 day per week schedule. Rooftop Films is open to flexible time considerations for this position.
Rooftop Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building a culturally diverse staff and an inclusive work environment, and strongly encourages people of all backgrounds, abilities, gender expressions, ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, religions, and nationalities to apply.
Interested candidates should submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name with subject DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE to email@example.com. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.