Interning with Rooftop Films this summer has been so awesome! Who knew you could actually look forward to going to work?! As the 2018 Video and Photo Intern, I’ve gotten the chance to attend outdoor movie events all around the city and capture them on camera. Now that we’re a month in, I thought I would share some of my favorite moments thus far:
1) Our Technical Coordinator Brendan mapped out a projection on the Green-Wood Cemetery Chapel during Opening Night
2) One of my favorite venues- The William Vale hotel in Williamsburg (this roof has by far the best view of NYC I’ve ever seen- and that means a lot coming from a NYC native!)
3) Our Audience packed the courtyard of Industry City for Dark Toons.
4) Toni Collette at our showing of Hearts Beat Loud! Glad this happened before I saw her in Hereditary.
5) There’s just something so special about NYC sunsets… especially when you get to view them on The William Vale rooftop!
6) Space Meow Doll performs at our Dark Toons screening… how awesome is that bedazzled microphone?!
7) Rooftop Films is like a big family. Come chat with us at any events- we love to meet new people! Here’s Colin who plays a huge role in executing these screenings.
8) Green-Wood cemetery is one of my other favorite venues- seeing a movie next to tombstones is certainly a one-of-a-kind experience!
9) John Hawkes, Charlene deGuzman, and Suzi Yoonessi working out what their album cover should look like at our screening of Unlovable (a MUST see)!
10) Hearts Beat Loud screening at Pioneer Works. Definitely beats sitting in a stuffy theater!
FOMO?! Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of time to join us at a Summer Series screening. Check out our calendar for future showings. See you on the roof!