Rooftop is excited to announce that our friends at UnionDocs will be running their Collaborative program once again this year, starting in the fall. On top of this UnionDocs is offering a $10 discount for all members of the Rooftop community (that means you). All you have to do is mention our partner code; ‘giddy up’ when applying.
UnionDocs is a Brooklyn based non-profit initiative which through its close work within the community strives to present non-fiction film in a stimulating and thought-provoking way. Through screenings and exhibitions as well as panel discussions UnionDocs is an important contribution to the establishing of an authentic dialogue between filmmakers and the community.
The UnionDocs Collaborative is a one-year program which seeks to foster emerging media producers through an innovative and varied program. Borne out of UnionDocs conviction of the importance of documentary film as part of a persistent inquiry into the complexities of everyday life and society, the program offers the most effective educational resources for individuals who are on the threshold of their careers. The program offers…
- Mentoring toward the production of an original work.
- Dynamic interaction among a network of talented peers.
- Direct contact and structured exchange with visiting artists.
- Exposure to a wide variety of practices and models.
- Regular group critique sessions.
- Exposure through a toured exhibition and/or publication of annual project.
For more information about the program itself as well as details about how to become a part of UnionDocs Collaborative, click here. And don’t forget our partner code when applying!